Maschine has announced a brand new update to their software that adds to Maschine. The update, which came out in Service Center today, improves the functionality of the software through changes to scales and chords, the arpeggiator, and key board integration. Read more below about the new features of Maschine 2.2.
Improved Production Tools
The basis of all music lies in the notes and specifically the scales and the chords of a song. In the new update of Maschine 2.2, there is a new scale and chord engine. Fully integrated into the workflow lies the powerful engine that is as simple as Native Instruments recent Komplete Kontrol keyboards. The user simply selects a scale and then by using the Maschine’s 16 velocity pads the user can start composing melodies that are always in key. Also the engine encompasses a feature that play’s chords directly into the composition via Chord Mode.
The new update extends Note Repeat into a fully functional arpeggiator that allows the user to play any number of notes while Maschine turns the combination into a melodic pattern. By using the arpeggiator with Scale and Chord modes, the user can get some crazy polyphonic sounds that are always in key. The arpeggiator is also recorded directly into composition which allows for post performance changes. Lastly, the update also allows for the user to utilize a Komplete Kontrol keyboard within the Maschine environment. With the light guide of the keyboard, users can expect to have a full, complete grip on their music within Maschine. Everything is always in key and all synced up.
Also, Maschine users can expect the following new updates:
- A batch function to set all sounds in a group to the same MIDI channel. MIDI export available on the Group and Sound levels
- Undocked NI plug-in windows can be pinned to remain active when not in focus
- Scenes can be selected/triggered via MIDI input when MASCHINE is running standalone
- Mix page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE MK2 controllers has been expanded and now provides access to level and pan settings for groups and sounds
- A setting that only turns the metronome on when the Record button is enabled
- Real time group erase function.
- Play quantize option –notes played live on the pads are quantized in real time
- Control software views from the navigate page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE STUDIO controllers
- ALT+Drag for copy-pasting single elements (patterns, scenes, plug-ins) in the Groups / Sounds lists and the plug-in chain
- Browser performance improvements
- Numerous bug fixes, as well as performance and stability improvements