The machine 2.2 upgrade keyboard integration is going to be a huge add-on if you decide to add the native instruments keyboard.
MASCHINE 2.2 gives you full keyboard functionality within the MASCHINE environment. Press browse on your KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboard and the KOMPLETE Browser pops up on your computer screen, letting you select and load a sound directly into a sound slot in MASCHINE. Watch scales, chords, and arpeggios light up across KOMPLETE KONTROL’s Light Guide™, see the color of your sounds in MASCHINE directly on the keyboards, and get perfectly-mapped parameters instantly with Native Map™.
- Sounds accessible on pads on sample recording screen
- A batch function to set all sounds in a group to the same MIDI channel. MIDI export available on the Group and Sound levels
- Undocked NI plug-in windows can be pinned to remain active when not in focus
- Scenes can be selected/triggered via MIDI input when MASCHINE is running standalone
- Mix page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE MK2 controllers has been expanded and now provides access to level and pan settings for groups and sounds
- A setting that only turns the metronome on when the Record button is enabled
- Real time group erase function.
- Shift functions allow fast scroll browsing.
- Play quantize option –notes played live on the pads are quantized in real time
- Control software views from the navigate page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE STUDIO controllers
- Instantiating the first plug-in on an empty sound updates the name of that sound to the plug-in name
- Sound, group volume & pan knobs are only displayed on hover
- ALT+Drag for copy-pasting single elements (patterns, scenes, plug-ins) in the Groups / Sounds lists and the plug-in chain
- Browser performance improvements
- Numerous bug fixes, as well as performance and stability improvements